Saturday 29 January 2011

Sunday, bloody hot Sunday

G'day

No, I'm not in Tasmania yet but I wanted to write a quick post re this weekend when the temperature's got up to 40 degrees. Yes, it's very hot and I'm not sure how well Andy Murray's going to cope later today in the tennis final - but I'm going to watch him on the big screen in central Melbourne later so we'll see.

And yesterday, when it was cooler, I had a great time shopping, complaining to Vodafone people about how useless their service is, and wandering round the Tattoo Expo at Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building. Not that I have the slightest interest in getting a tattoo obviously (in fact some of the displays were enough to put me off pencils and crayons, never mind ink and needles - anyone for a painting done with your very own blood or an eyelid tattoo?) but I'd wanted to see inside this beautiful building for a while and this was my chance. Somehow I managed to not see the queue to buy tickets ($50 a person!) and wandered straight in with nobody stopping me so a good result all round, despite the scary people wandering round - you can definitely have too many tattoos and piercings.

Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building - built for an exhibition. Presumably a royal one. In Melbourne.
Interior shot without tattooed people (I didn't have my camera with me so these shots are both from the internet - hence the higher quality of photography than generally found on this blog)

And that's it for now - I'm off to sweat a bit more.

G'bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment